Nikita Patrick

Native to Dothan, AL, I am Pike County's newest school counselor. I am servicing Pike County Elementary School, the heart of Pike County. I plan to serve a vital role in maximizing students' achievements by implementing skills to address all students' academic, personal/social and career development needs.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself... I attained a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology with a minor in Sociology and a Master's Degree of Education in School Counseling with High Distinction in International Studies through Troy University.  This included leading groups, individual sessions, career counseling, academic counseling, collaboration and consultation, administration and interpretation of tests, classroom guidance, implement intervention plans, etc. As a former kindergarten teacher turned professional school counselor, I have a passion for children in general. I look forward to being of assistance in our children's lives! 

Remember, I am one of Pike County School's many  go-to resources. You may visit me at PCES. Go Bulldogs!


For detailed information on my school counseling and guidance program, please visit me at


About our Counseling Program

What does a Counselor do? A Counselor...    

* Helps students to understand self and others.
* Works with students in small and large groups to enhance study habits, self- concept, self- esteem, bullying, divorce, conflict resolution, child abuse prevention, improving academic performance, etc. 
* Meets with new students to help them adjust to our school.
* Explains test scores to parents and teachers.
* Talks with parents and teachers.

How to Register a New Student

* Pre-registration for kindergartners is held during the Spring of the year, usually in the month of April.
* Pre-registration for 1st - 6th grade is held in the summer, usually during the month of June
* Regular registration is held during the month of August each school year.


Registration Documentation required for new students:

Birth Certificate
Social Security Sard
Alabama Immunization Card (Blue Slip)
Two proofs of residency (copy of power bill, telephone bill, lease, driver's license, etc)
If not the biological parent, proof of guardianship is needed