Let me tell you a little bit about myself... I attained a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology with a minor in Sociology and a Master's Degree of Education in School Counseling with High Distinction in International Studies through Troy University. This included leading groups, individual sessions, career counseling, academic counseling, collaboration and consultation, administration and interpretation of tests, classroom guidance, implement intervention plans, etc. As a former kindergarten teacher turned professional school counselor, I have a passion for children in general. I look forward to being of assistance in our children's lives!
Remember, I am one of Pike County School's many go-to resources. You may visit me at PCES. Go Bulldogs!
What does a Counselor do? A Counselor...
* Helps students to understand self and others.
* Works with students in small and large groups to enhance study habits, self- concept, self- esteem, bullying, divorce, conflict resolution, child abuse prevention, improving academic performance, etc.
* Meets with new students to help them adjust to our school.
* Explains test scores to parents and teachers.
* Talks with parents and teachers.
* Pre-registration for kindergartners is held during the Spring of the year, usually in the month of April.
* Pre-registration for 1st - 6th grade is held in the summer, usually during the month of June
* Regular registration is held during the month of August each school year.
ALL REGISTRATION DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE SCHOOL WEBSITE, LOCAL NEWSPAPER, ETC.
Registration Documentation required for new students:
Social Security Sard
Alabama Immunization Card (Blue Slip)
Two proofs of residency (copy of power bill, telephone bill, lease, driver's license, etc)
If not the biological parent, proof of guardianship is needed