About our Counseling Program
What does a Counselor do? A Counselor...
* Helps students to understand self and others.
* Works with students in small and large groups to enhance study habits, self- concept, self- esteem, bullying, divorce, conflict resolution, child abuse prevention, improving academic performance, etc.
* Meets with new students to help them adjust to our school.
* Explains test scores to parents and teachers.
* Talks with parents and teachers.
How to Register a New Student
* Pre-registration for kindergartners is held during the Spring of the year, usually in the month of April.
* Pre-registration for 1st - 6th grade is held in the summer, usually during the month of June
* Regular registration is held during the month of August each school year.
ALL REGISTRATION DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE SCHOOL WEBSITE, LOCAL NEWSPAPER, ETC.
Registration Documentation required for new students:
Social Security Sard
Alabama Immunization Card (Blue Slip)
Two proofs of residency (copy of power bill, telephone bill, lease, driver's license, etc)
If not the biological parent, proof of guardianship is needed