Welcome to Pike County Elementary School
"Where Each Child Experiences Success"
The purpose of Pike County Elementary School is to provide a comprehensive and quality education with high expectations in a safe and nurturing environment. Our vision is for each child to experience success. By following through with our mission of basing all school decisions on individual student learning needs, we strive to achieve 100% literacy and provide a safe, child-centered learning environment.
The faculty and staff of Pike County Elementary School believe the following to be true:
- All children can learn when given a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Students are valued individuals with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- A student's self esteem is enhanced by positive relationships between students and staff.
- A variety of assessments should be used to meet each individual learning style and foster academic growth.
- Students learn to make appropriate decisions given a supportive and challenging learning environment.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students need to use their knowledge of basic skills to solve problems and produce quality work.
We, the faculty of PCES, are committed to continuous improvement to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.